1. There are two kinds of happiness – passing and profound. Technology is good at the first, but not at the second.
2. The second kind – deeper happiness that involves Creativity, Originality, Reciprocity and Empathy (CORE) – is what defines humanity.
3. Algorithms are starting to take the place of androrithms – those unpredictable human patterns that result in discovery, invention and culture.
4. This has now reached the stage of exponentially invasive technology – the augmented, implanted human, supported by robots and (soon) cyborgs.
5. Everyone’s talking about Digital Transformation but this is only one of ten Megashifts involving technology that will totally change the human game.
6. A yet undocumented sign of this approaching storm is the burgeoning wave of Digital Obesity – The Junk Information Age.
7. Us humans will soon have a desperate need for a code of Digital Ethics if technology is not to proliferate uncontrollably and erode human identity.
8. Transhumanists welcome this irreversible change but those on ‘team human’ must provide a counter-conversation and define those elements worth preserving.
9. Technology vs. Humanity is a blueprint for halting the incipient collapse of timeless human values and redefining Technology as tool, not purpose.